I am conducting a research project for university studying the correlation between ones personal growth (ie- their pursuit for happiness) and growth in their business. And how adverse situations in your life can affect such pursuits.
I am looking for a broad range of people to answer a quick questionnaire, everyone from university/college students, business managers and leaders, entrepreneurs, aspiring entrepreneurs, small business owners and basically anyone interested in business.
The questions are under the cut, and I would be ever so grateful if you could take 5 or so minutes of your time to do the questionnaire so that we can gain some insight on the correlation between personal happiness and business aspirations. Really….it’s interesting stuff.
Once the research is done I’m happy to send it around to anyone who is interested in the findings.
Please e-mail your answers back to my e-mail address at email@example.com (obviously some of these questions are better left private and not for the entire LJ community to see)
1. Which of the following do you consider yourself (say yes to all that apply)
1) An entrepreneur
2) A business student
3) An entrepreneur student
4) A social/environmental student
5) A business manager or leader
6) A small business owner
7) Pioneering individual
8) None of the above (if you answered none of the above, answer questions 3 to 7 only)
2. Please explain what you study, what businesses you run or manage and how much time your average week is spent doing each? (i.e – full time hours, part time hours)
3. Have you ever encountered a minor adversity in your life? (i.e. - moving house, financial difficulties, emotional or physical distress etc.)
4. Have you ever encountered a major adversity in your life? (e.g. trauma, emotional crisis, physical disability, near death experience, physical disability) Yes/No
5. Have you ever encountered a minor adversity in your career? (e.g. fatigue, stress and tension, conflict at the workplace, demotion/pay-cut, company re-structuring minor redundancy situation) Yes/No
6. Have you ever encountered a major adversity in your career? (i.e. major redundancy situation, company restructuring, burn-out Yes/No
7. Have you ever encountered an experience of adversity in your life which made you change the focus in your life to pursue more happiness and individual growth and self-development?
Yes …… (Go to 8)
No ……. (Go to 12)
8. Did this change of focus in your life correspond with a new opportunity for new venture creation, business growth, economic growth or social or environmental change?
9. Can you describe the nature of the adversity you encountered?
10. Can you describe how this adversity corresponded with a change in focus to pursue more happiness and/or individual self-development?
11. How did this lead to a new venture creation, business growth, economic growth or social and/or environmental change?
12. Have you ever encountered any obstacles embarking on a new enterprise, business leadership or social/environmental change?
Yes .... (go to 12)
No .... (go to 13)
13. What sort of obstacles have you encountered and how have you overcome them?
14. How do you achieve balance in your work and life?
15. Is there anything more you would like to add?
Thankyou so much for your time :)